Please report all of your courses and grades (equivalent to U.S. grades 9-12) as they appear on all of your original academic reports, transcripts and any external examination results, such as, but not limited to: IB, IGCSE, O-AS-A-level, HKDSE, SPM, CISCE-CBSE, and WAEC.
Since accuracy is very important, please obtain a copy of your high school transcripts-mark sheets-results certificates to record your coursework.
In the Enter Coursework section, click on the pencil icon to begin entering course information for each academic year.
Select the educational system-curriculum that best represents your area of study for each academic year. This may be different from the selection on the Enter High Schools screen. Reminder: this is listed by geographic region of the world, NOT country.
If you've attended multiple high schools in more than one country, enter your grades exactly as they appear on the transcript of the school where you completed those courses. Do not enter courses from another country as they have been interpreted on your current transcript-score report.
Do not change your letter-alpha grades to numbers. Do not change your numeric grades to letter-alpha grades. You may change the Grade Scale (numbers, decimals, etc) on the Enter High Schools screen in order to record your grades as they are listed on your transcript or score report..
For each course listed on your transcript for that year, select and complete the appropriate
Hover above the question mark next to each column header for help-tips.
If you are in an exam-based curriculum (example: IGCSE/GCE, India’s CBSE), please select “external exam” in the Course Length column to record your exam score. If you select “external exam”, you will need to enter the exam date as well.
Please report ALL of your high school-secondary school courses (that are listed on your transcript) on your SRAR. This includes courses which you did not pass and courses which you repeated.
How to enter your grades-scores:
- If your school gives final official grades at the end of each year, select "Full Year" for the Course Length to record the final grade.
- If your school gives final official grades by term or semester, select the term or semester in the Course Length field to list each course with its final grade by term or semester.
- You may list the same course twice if it is repeated in a different term. Give the final grade for each term if that is how it appears on your year-end final transcript.
If a course is only one semester (or one term), choose "Semester" (or the appropriate term) for the Course Length. Enter the grade in the semester (or term) in which you complete the course and leave the other semester (or term) field blank.
If you are a high school senior, choose "In Progress" for scheduled or in-progress 12th grade courses. If you have already completed a 12th grade course and received a final grade, please indicate the grade that you received.
Please do NOT:
- apply weight to your grades.
- add +/- to your grades if they are not on your transcript.
- convert your grades into another format than what appears on your transcript. (i.e. numbers to letters)
- average your grades.
If the college or university to which you are submitting the SRAR uses the Enter Exams section of the SRAR:
- In the Enter Exams section, enter your SAT-ACT score information. Do not combine scores from multiple sittings.
- Test scores submitted through SRAR are NOT considered official. Please submit your official exam scores from College Board or ACT to satisfy any SAT-ACT requirement.
- To have SAT scores sent, visit www.collegeboard.org.
- To have ACT scores sent, visit www.act.org
- You may self-report other types of exam scores (TOEFL, Advanced Placement, IELTS), but these also are not considered official and will not be used to satisfy any application requirements.
- Please be sure to log into the SRAR through the student application portal of the university to which you are submitting the SRAR in order to confirm that the Office of Admissions is collecting test scores on the SRAR.
After entering all of your coursework, proceed to the Review-Submit section of the SRAR.
- If you see a warning message at the top of the screen or see red warning text throughout your coursework, this indicates that you may have missed something. Please review the warning and correct the error in order to be able to submit the SRAR.
- Once you have reviewed and corrected your record, click "Submit" at the bottom of the page.
- If you are prompted to complete the Electronic Signature please use the same email address and password used to create the SRAR account.
- If you receive a Credential Error message please confirm that you are using the same email address and password used to create the SRAR. If necessary, you may reset the SRAR password and try again to submit the SRAR.
After submitting your SRAR, please allow 24-72 hours for it to be acknowledged on your respective student application portal.